Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Where are My Keys?

Where are my keys?  I find myself asking that of myself at least once a day...are you one of "us" who loses your keys every day only to find them where you left them?

As I was driving, where I do most of my thinking, it occurred to me that "Where are my keys" is also metaphorical for other questions I ask myself every day.  "Where is the key" to daily happiness?  "Where is the key" to finding passion projects?  "Where is the key" to losing 5, 10, 20 pounds?  "Where is the key" to finding and keeping true friendships?  "Where ARE the keys?!"

As I ponder this, the answer is where I left them.  Just as I place my physical keys somewhere, I also leave these metaphorical keys in the same place I left off with them.  I hold the keys....EVERY one of them.  But, sometimes, I leave them behind and have to go back to find them, where I left off.  I might put my personal happiness on the back burner for someone else, I know what I love to do but fail to make the time to do those activities because I don't make the time...or am afraid to fail (A-HA!), I know how to lose those pounds and I know who my friends are, the true blue kind who are there at my ugliest and still love me as I love and cherish them.

This week I am mindful of the keys in my life and that I own every one of them.  I just have to remember to pick them up where I left them, physically and metaphorically, and put them in the ignition and GO.

It's not that easy all of the time, especially trying to keep the key ring full, active and jingling.  However, knowing that I have the keys is ONE step closer to unlocking all of those goals, dreams and happy days.

I hope you pick up your keys tomorrow and unlock something good in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment