Sunday, January 21, 2018

The Women's March-January, 2018

First and likely last post that even borders being political because I know your posts won't change my mind and any post I write won't change yours. I'm tired of the divided country and sad for the divided friendships. However, this one is food for thought for marchers yesterday. I'm all for peaceful demonstrations to educate, teach, and create "entry points" towards further understanding and positive action. I looked up the mission statement of the Women's March and thought it was worth sharing. To see women, men and their children, some toddlers, carrying hateful, mean, derogatory messages on poster boards dismissing the office and our government is anti-American and doesn't align with the mission statement, "lntersectional Education." Peaceful protesting IS American, our freedom and right. But do it kindly, with respect. Seeing children carrying their parents' message(s) is outrageous and, in some cases, downright cruel-how does this achieve education for anyone, establish a good example for kids or create "entry points" for their future? To name just a few of the gems I saw (and there were many) "Fat Ass" President. He "picks boogers." "Orange Face." "Hamburger Head." Many references to him being a "sh-thole." This is bullying and you'd be marching right into school if your kid was referenced to anything resembling these posters' comments. Hell, you'd be marching into your manager's office if you were being called names.
Now that the march is over, for another year, what's the action plan for further "training and outreach?"
These are not my words, these are the words of the mission you marched for yesterday.
I truly would like to hear responses, I'm all "in" on learning, you know that if you're reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment